SONM Fog Computing Challenge
ENTRY IN THIS CHALLENGE CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
The SONM Fog Computing Challenge (the "Contest") is a skill contest where participants must develop Docker Containers and deployment on SONM test network with the new API (v2). The work that you develop will be evaluated by Advisors, who will choose the winner(s) in accordance with these Official Rules. The prize(s) will be awarded to participant(s) with the highest score for the judging criteria. See below for the complete details.
1. BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to these Official Rules ("Rules"). Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and SONM with respect to the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must be: (1) above the age of majority in the country, state, province or jurisdiction of residence (or at least twenty years old in Taiwan) at the time of entry and (2) have access to the Internet as of beginning of the. Contest is void in such countries where such contests prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate on any dispute at any time.
If you are entering as part of a company or on behalf of your employer, these rules are binding on you, individually, and/or your employer. If you are acting within the scope of your employment, as an employee, contractor, or agent of another party, you warrant that such party has full knowledge of your actions and has consented thereto, including your potential receipt of a prize. You further warrant that your actions do not violate your employer's or company's policies and procedures.
You may enter as part of a team. Each member of your team must be eligible for the Contest under the criteria listed above.
3. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by SONM PTE.LTD ("SONM" or "Sponsor"), a Singapore corporation with principal place of business at 20 Maxwell Road, #09-17 Maxwell house, Singapore (069113).
4. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest:
Stage 1 begins at 12:00:00 A.M. (UTC) on April 25, 2018, and ends at 12:00:00 A.M. (UTC) on June 30, 2018.
Stage 2 begins at 12:00:00 A.M. (UTC) July 06, 2018 and ends at August 20, 2018.
("Contest Period"). ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE CORRESPONDING TIME ZONE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE JURISDICTIONS.
5. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
There are two steps to enter the Contest. You may take these steps in either order, as long as you meet the separate deadlines for each step.
Contest Submission. To enter the Contest email to the Advisor of the relevant topic of development and wait for the reply on registration.
Solution submitted to SONM prior to the beginning of the Contest Period are not eligible to enter the Contest, nor are Solution that are, in SONM's sole judgment, merely a different version of an Solution submitted before the beginning of the Contest Period.
Written parts of entries must be in English to be eligible. Your Solution must, at a minimum, must support English language use. Entries are void if they are in whole or part illegible, incomplete, damaged, altered, counterfeit, obtained through fraud, or late. All entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry, and the potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder for that email address. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email address for the domain.
During the Contest Period, the Sponsor, its agents and/or the Advisors (defined below) will be evaluating each Solution to ensure that it meets the requirements. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who submits an Solution that does not meet the Requirements.
6. JUDGING: Each Solution will be judged by an expert or a panel of experts who are employees of Sponsor ("Advisor or Advisors"). An overall winner will be selected in accordance with the necessary quality criteria as described on the Contest Site. On August 20, 2018, the winner(s) will be selected and notified by telephone and/or email, at Sponsor's discretion. If a potential winner does not respond to the notification attempt within three days from the first notification attempt, then such potential winner will be paid an any time upon request of the prize, but not later than 1 year after the date of winner selection. With respect to notification by telephone, such notification will be deemed given when the potential winner engages in a live conversation with Sponsor. Except where prohibited by law, each potential winner (and in the event the winner is a team, every member of the winning team) may be required to sign and return necessary legal documents on obtaining the reward and provide any additional information that may be required by Sponsor. If required, potential winners (including each member of a potentially winning team) must return all such required documents within fourteen days following attempted notification or such potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another potential winner will be selected based on the judging criteria described herein. For avoidance of doubt, if any team member is required to submit documentation but fails to do so within the required timeframe, no other member of the team will be eligible to win, and a different entry will be selected as the winner. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Rules, will be strictly enforced.
In the event that no entries are received which in the Advisor's sole discretion are not relevant to a category, no prize will be awarded in that category. If no entries are received at all, no prize will be awarded. Determinations of Advisors are final and binding. In case there will be no solution submitted that fit the necessary quality criteria as described on the Contest Site and level of elaboration, SONM retains the right not to award the prize.
7. PRIZES: All prizes are USD equivalent and paid in Ethereum and/or Bitcoin and exact value of prizes for each category described on the Contest Site. For multi-member teams, cash prizes will be sent to team’s lead.
The prize(s) will be awarded within Solution approximately (1) month of receipt by Sponsor of final prize acceptance documents. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for prize(s) is allowed, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. Value is subject to market conditions, which can fluctuate and any difference between actual market value will not be awarded. The prize(s) may be subject to restrictions and/or licenses and may require additional hardware, software, service, or maintenance to use. The winner shall bear all responsibility for use of the prize(s) in compliance with any conditions imposed, and any additional costs associated with its use, service, or maintenance. Sponsor is not responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the prize(s), regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize(s).
SONM retains the right, at our discretion, to encourage a team that has developed a good but not the best solution.
8. TAXES: PAYMENTS TO POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO SONM ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY SONM TO PERMIT IT TO COMPLY WITH ALL Solution APPLICABLE STATE, FEDERAL, LOCAL AND FOREIGN (INCLUDING PROVINCIAL) TAX REPORTING AND WITHHOLDING REQUIREMENTS. ALL PRIZES WILL BE NET OF ANY TAXES SONM IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO WITHHOLD. ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. The potential winner and his/her parent or legal guardian are responsible for ensuring that (s)he complies with all the Solutionlicable tax laws and filing requirements. If a potential winner fails to provide such documentation or comply with such laws, the prize may be forfeited and SONM may, in its sole discretion, select an alternative potential winner.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations Solution. SONM reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the Contest if, in SONM's sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants, SONM, or the Advisors.
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: By submitting Solution in this Contest, the entrant warrants and represents that (s)he owns all of the intellectual and industrial property rights in and to the Solution. Further, the entrant agrees that if any portion of the Solution should be deemed to be owned by the entrant that (s)he will, as a condition of entry, grant SONM a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display and create a derivative work from, any entry or Solution that Participant submits solely for the purposes of allowing SONM to test and evaluate the Solution for purposes of the Contest and to advertise, display, demonstrate, or otherwise promote the Solution. Participant specifically agrees that SONM shall have the right to use, reproduce, publicly perform, and publicly display the Solution in connection with the advertising and promotion of the Contest and the Solution, via communication to the public or other groups, including, but not limited to the right to make screenshots, animations and video clips available for promotional purposes.
11. PRIVACY: Participant acknowledges and agrees that SONM may collect, store, share and otherwise use personally identifiable information provided during the registration process and the contest, including, but not limited to, name, mailing address, phone number, and email address. SONM will use this information in accordance with all Solutionlicable rules including for administering the contest and verifying Participant's identity, postal address and telephone number in the event an entry qualifies for a prize.
Participant's information may also be transferred to countries outside the country of Participant's residence, including the United States. Such other countries may not have privacy laws and regulations similar to those of the country of Participant's residence.
If a participant does not provide the mandatory data required at registration, SONM reserves the right to disqualify the entry.
Participant has the right to request access, review, rectification or deletion of any personal data held by SONM in connection with the Contest by writing to SONM at this email address of particular Advisor. Messages on any other topic sent to this address may be ignored.
12. PUBLICITY. By accepting a prize, entrant agrees to Sponsor use of his or her name and/or likeness and Solution for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
13. WARRANTY, INDEMNITY AND RELEASE: Entrants warrant that their Solutions are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted Solution and that they have the right to submit the Solution in the Contest and grant all required licenses. Each entrant agrees not to submit any Solution that (1) infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity or confidentiality obligations; or (2) otherwise violates the Solutionlicable state or federal law.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, each entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified Sponsor at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from (a) any Solution or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by the entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy, (b) any misrepresentation made by the entrant in connection with the Contest; (c) any non-compliance by the entrant with these Rules; (d) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to the entrant's involvement with the Contest; and (e) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest.
Entrant releases SONM from any liability associated with: (a) any malfunction or other problem with the internet; (b) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry information; or (c) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners.
14. ELIMINATION: Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by any entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Contest.
15. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for any malfunction of the entire Contest Site, or any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed Solutions or entry materials due to system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Contest Site, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may limit an entrant's ability to participate.
16. RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, SONM reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. SONM further reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Contest or Contest Site. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site, including the Contest Site, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, SONM reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the Solutionlicable law.
17. NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: Under no circumstances shall the submission of an Solution into the Contest, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with either SONM, or the Contest Entities. You acknowledge that you have submitted your Solution voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. You acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between you and SONM and that no such relationship is established by your submission of an Solution under these Rules.
18. FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and all Participants expressly waive any and all such rights.
19. ARBITRATION: By entering the Contest, you agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the Contest will be decided by binding arbitration. All disputes between you and SONM of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of these Rules, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration under the LCIA Rules, which Rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this clause.
The number of arbitrators shall be one.The seat, or legal place, of arbitration shall be London.The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English.The governing law of the contract shall be the substantive law of England and Wales.
The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred.