Sonm weekly update 2019-08-13
Researching firmware and flashing opportunities for Gigabyte GA-Z270P-D3 and ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ for a purpose of creating a chain of trust, which has great protection potential. Trusted Platform is targeted for October 2019. Considering listings on some DEXs.
- Development of Standby feature, that will allow Sonm worker to co-exist with HiveOS mining. When Sonm will offer a high reward task – the solution will stop HiveOS mining and let Sonm worker occupy resources. When high reward task is absent – the solution will restore native HiveOS mining.
- Torrent capabilities on Sonm platform can be updated to meet the render application needs.
- Internal code repository is up and running. Secure networking is being set up to access it.
- Migration will be initiated from Github once ready.
- /*some internal works discussed and assigned*/
- Reference motherboards research going on. BIOS firmware is researched for both models. Gigabyte GA-Z270P-D3 has flaws in it’s firmware, which we consider patching. Patched firmware may potentially allow us to create a root of trust and have a chain of trust. ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ firmware is better protected (which is actually worthier for us). Overall today GA-Z270P-D3 looks more promising.
- Rating model to be updated to reflect chain of trust.
- Attestation service control panel created (strictly our internal tool).
- /*some work classified*/
- SonmOS with TEE now boots and almost loads everything. Work is in progress to make everything load in the correct sequence and satisfy our own internal checks.
- We are still aiming to launch the Trusted Platform by October 2019.
- Binance chain work going on.
- Considering listings on some DEXs.