Sonm weekly report 2019-07-09
Sonm main work this week is focused on:
- Trusted Platform solution and hardware provisioning
- Binance chain requirements
- ML research
- Sonm will conduct research regarding possible fog computing ML use cases to target specific market niches with a dedicated product. It will be covered with a series of articles this year.
- Working on fog computing architecture proposal as the final desired Sonm state. Work is at an early stage.
- Working on TEE prototype and infrastructure.
- Load balancer for Kukarek implemented.
- SosnaTEE installer in progress.
- Additional checks methods in progress.
- Disk encryption work in progress.
- Equipment provisioning in progress for:
- Kukarek attestation service.
- Private code repo.
- Testbeds for first supported motherboard models.
- Colocation installation plan in progress.
- Will take a month or so.
- Then install works will start.
- Prepare servers for Kukarek and Gitlab.
- Trusted Platform approximate launch – October 2019.
- Binance chain requirement finalization. Prototype work to start.
- We are estimating our solution with anticipation of Cosmos IBC and peg zone features to be launched this year – to provide adequate interoperability.
- Estimating migration procedure, which may be complex given the fact that masternodes are being prepared as well.
- Public roadmap v6 released: [url to roadmap]. The document received all positive feedback.
- Sonm and Rays update as usual.
- Igor’s interview with a crypto evangelist is in work. To be published soon (once ready).
- Next major publications in the pipeline (same as the previous report):
- Binance chain article.
- Tokenomics article.
- TEE article.
- Some community members are being promoted to admins. It started as local humor “How would you behave if you were the admin”, but turned out to be serious.
- Hiring a dedicated product adviser to do Machine Learning research for us – what is the best and easiest way to fit Sonm to an ML niche. A candidate accepted already. Details later.